Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spit and Polish

Not much to say about the last couple weeks of work. I've added some new visual effects to Space Combat Sim and completed the three different fighter types. At this point the game is somewhat demonstratable but still kinda unstable and needing significant testing to improve its balance. Here's a screenshot of the new effect I added to the game.



I've been making a lot of small tweaks to the game of late. My primary objective is to be ready for the project presentation which is coming alarmingly soon. After that I need to have an open demo at the school's Tech@Work event. The most noticable changes to the game are the addition of a semi-working server selection screen, and a lobby screen. These aren't all that interesting to talk about but they produced a spectacular number of bugs during development.

The other feature in the game is the menu background. Very minor when compared with stuff I talked about earlier but it has an amazing effect on how complete the game feels. All I did was randomly spawn objects (that look exactly the same as the ships but without all of the movement code) and have them move toward and past the camera.



Much better than plain old CornflowerBlue eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment