Saturday, May 22, 2010

So, What Now?

Well, today I spent a TON of time writing up blogs that I've been meaning to finish for a long time now. Three of them in fact! The first on exporting from Blender to XNA, the second on how the demos for Space Combat Sim went, and the third is a postmortem. But, I haven't talked about what I'm doing now, have I?

The short answer is that I have a job. In fact, I started my job before my "good demo" which was on May 4th. I'm working as a testing tools developer for Research in Motion. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years you've probably heard of their flagship product. Before I started this blog I worked as an intern for RIM over a period of 16 months. I work for the Operating Systems group which is responsible for all of the hardware drivers etc. that make the BlackBerry phone work. The culture of the OS Group, relaxed, friendly and fairly close knit, is what motivated me to return to RIM after finishing school. I'm quite happy working somewhere that I can spend the day working on hard technical problems with minimal political friction then finish the day by hanging around the pub.

My job now is to maintain and improve tools for automatically testing the Blackberry OS. Obviously I can't go into specific but I will be able to come out with articles on scripting, automation, testing and testing tools in a general sense. On top of the occasional post about work I'll still continue my game development work which means, of coure, more posts on Space Combat Sim and other projects as well.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment